Links to this articles (when appropriate should appear shortly). *indicates an undergraduate co-author
- J. Kane, J. Rusinko, and K. Thompson. Phylogenetic Derivative: A Tool for Assessing Local Tree Reconstruction (under review)
- J. Rusinko. Phylogenetics. Book chapter in the Handbook of Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics, Second Edition. (accepted for publication)
- J. Parsley and J. Rusinko. CRP: Collaborative Research Project (A Mathematical Research Experience for Undergraduates). PRIMUS. Vol. 28. October 2017.
- M. Mauhar*, J. Rusinko and Z. Vernon*. H-Representation of the Kimura-3 Polytope for the m-Claw Tree. SIAM Journal of Discrete Mathematics. 31.2
- R. Davidson, J. Rusinko, Z. Vernon*, and J. Xi. Modeling the distribution of distance data in Euclidean space. Book Chapter in AMS Contemporary Mathematics Series: Algebraic and Geometric Methods in Applied Discrete Mathematics 685
- K. Abernathy, Z. Abernathy, B. Costner, J. Rusinko and K. Westover. Cultivating a Culture of Undergraduate Research at a Public Comprehensive University. PRIMUS. 27.3
- J. Rusinko and M. McPartlon*. Species tree estimation using Neighbor Joining. Journal of Theoretical Biology. 414.
- R. Davidson, M. Lawhorn*, J. Rusinko., and N. Weber* Efficient Quartet Representations of Trees and Applications to Supertree and Summary Methods. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. (TCBB) 99.
- E. Moan* and J. Rusinko. Combinatorics of linked systems of quartet trees. Involve, a Journal of Mathematics. 9.1.
- J. Coons* and J. Rusinko. A note on the path interval distance. Journal of Theoretical Biology. 398.
- T. Daugherty, J. Rusinko, and T. Griggs. Math Beliefs: Theory Framed and Data-driven Student Success. The Learning Assistance Review. 18.2.
- K. Westover, J. Rusinko, J. Hoin* and M. Neal*. Rogue taxa phenomenon: A biological companion to simulation analysis. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 69.1.
- J. Rusinko, H. Swan*. Agent-Based Fabric Modeling using Differential Equations. Journal of the Community of Ordinary Differential Equations Educators.
- B. Hipp and J. Rusinko. Invariant Based Quartet Puzzling. Algorithms Mol Biol. 7.1.
- R. Webster*, J. Rusinko, M. Hayes, H. Martin*. Examining the Mathematical Sub-Symbolic Register using Cryptology. Reinvention: A Journal of Undergraduate Research. 5.1.
- P. Dukes* and J. Rusinko. Commutation Classes of Double Wiring Diagrams. Involve: A Journal of Mathematics. 5. 2.
- M. Neal* and J. Rusinko. A History of Elliptic Curves and their Applications. The MathMate. 35. 1.
- P. Dukes* and J. Rusinko. A Mathematical Origami Puzzle. Ohio Journal of School Mathematics. 64.
- J. Rusinko. Equivalence of Mirror Families Constructed from Toric Degenerations of Flag Varieties. Transformation Groups. 11.
Look for new work with the following collaborators: J. Parsley, B. Davis, E. Castner*, Q. Lu*, J. Vandenbussche, J. Maltese*, A. Doherty*, and Y. Cai*